Easy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
Just 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to make. Super creamy chocolatey delicious, it's 20 thousand times better than those store-bought cups. The perfect addition to your school or work lunchbox, or for an easy dessert or snack!
Servings: 6 (makes about
- 2/3 cup(s) white sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch (sub arrowroot powder if preferred)
- 2 1/2 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as soy or oat)
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- In a medium sauce pan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch until there are no lumps. Add the plant-based milk and whisk to combine.
- Put the pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer while whisking often. Continue to simmer for about 3 minutes until the pudding is slightly thickened and glossy looking. It will thicken more as it cools. Remove from heat and whisk in the vegan butter and vanilla extract. Divide into ramekins, jars, pudding cups, or pour all of it into a large heat proof bowl. Enjoy still warm or cover and let cool in the fridge for a few hours or overnight until chilled. Store in the fridge for up to one week.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, choose almond or oat milk rather than soy milk.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 6 servings) | Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 565IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 1mg