Easy Homemade Apple Cider
Make this and your whole house will smell like heaven! Pour a warming cup of holiday cheer.
- 8 apples of choice (I used spartan apples, but whatever kind you like. This is a great recipe to use up apples that are getting too soft)
- 2 oranges
- 6 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish, optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) whole cloves (the spice)
- 1 teaspoon(s) whole allspice
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 10 cup(s) water
- Wash the apples and oranges and then quarter the fruit. No need to removes any seeds, skin, cores, or peels, these will all be strained out later. Add your chopped fruit to a really big pot. Add in the remaining ingredients, the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice, brown sugar, and water. Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Simmer for about 2 hours until the apples breakdown and it smells delicious.
- Put a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl or another really large pot, and strain out and discard the fruit and spices. Serve hot with a cinnamon stick for garnish.