Easy Guacamole Potato Rounds
The annoying thing about potato skins (yes, potato skins annoy me) is that you need to scoop out most of the potato flesh, burning your fingers in the process, and then either discard thescooped-out flesh, or have a sudden need to make mashed potatoes.With these potato rounds you get to avoid both of these problems, but still get all of that potato-y, finger-food goodness. Not only is this less wasteful, and finger-burning isn’t a worry, but they are so super-cute! Top them with refried beans, and a quick guacamole.... Trust me, these will begone in a flash!
Servings: (makes about 20 rounds)
For the Potatoes:
- 2 russet potatoes cut into 1/4” thick rounds (making about 20 rounds)
- spray oil
For the Guacamole:
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1.2 lime juiced
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teapsoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) refried beans (check ingredients to make sure they are vegan)
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Lay the potato slices across the baking sheet, then lightly spray them with a bit of oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, stopping to flip them halfway through, until the slices are golden brown on both sides.
- While the potato slices are baking, make the guacamole. Use a fork to mash everything together.
- Remove the potato slices from the oven and immediately top each round with a spoonful of refried beans then a spoonful of guacamole. Be careful they’re hot! If you want to make them look extra pretty, garnish with a few more pieces of tomato and cilantro leaves.
Oil-free: to make oil-free, omit the spray oil and bake the potato slices on a parchment paper-lined baking tray, or line it with a silicone baking mat.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 1041mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 507IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg