Easy Fudgy Vegan Brownies
These are super rich, super lush, super chocolatey, and incredibly FUDGY. This vegan brownies recipe is easy to make, and it also freezes very well. Just 10 simple ingredients you likely already have in your pantry, and just 10 minutes of prep time (plus 35 minutes cooking time). Chewy on the outside, gooey on the inside. Yes please!
Servings: 9 large brownies
- 6 tablespoon(s) warm water
- 3 tablespoon(s) ground chia or ground flax
- 6 tablespoon(s) vegan butter
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Line an 8" x 8" square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides which will make it easier to remove the brownies.
- In a small bowl, mix together the water and flax or chia, set aside. If using flax it will take about 10 minutes to thicken. If using chia it will thicken almost instantly.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add the vegan butter and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Melt the vegan butter and chocolate in the microwave stopping to stir every 20 seconds. Once it is almost melted (there will still be a few chips or small pieces left), remove it from the microwave and stir to finish melting. (This ensures you don't burn the chocolate). Remove from the microwave and whisk well to combine.
- Add the flax or chia mixture, sugar, and vanilla extract to the melted chocolate and butter and mix well. Lastly add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt, and the remaining 1/4 chocolate chips and mix well to make a thick batter.
- Evenly spread into the prepared baking pan, and bak 30 - 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few wet crumbs (but no wet batter). You may have to test a few areas incase you hit a chocolate chip. Allow to cool completely in the pan before removing and slicing.
Make ahead & Freezing: Store prepared and cooled brownies in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week, or they also freeze very well.
Serving: 1brownie (recipe makes 9 brownies) | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 128mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 359IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg