Vegan Mole Sauce
This 15 minute Easy (Cheater) Vegan Mole Sauce is a super simple and healthy way to amp up any meal. Perfect for a Mexican themed dinner, but great just on top of roasted veggies.
- 1 tablespoon(s) light oil such as canola or vegetable
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon(s) chipotle powder (depending on spice preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Heat the oil in a skillet or large saucepan. When hot, sauté the onion and garlic until the onions turn translucent and begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, and use your spoon to scrape off any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Now add all the cocoa, flour, peanut butter, all the spices and whisk well to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until it thickens and is very fragrant.
- Use an immersion blender directly in the pot, or add the sauce to a blender, and blend until completely smooth. Boom! A gorgeous flavour packed mole sauce is ready to go. Serve hot. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 532mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.8mg