Crispy Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
The secret to getting them extra crispy is to dry roast them first, and then season them at the last minute. This is an easy to make, healthy, vegan, 5 ingredient snack that everyone will love.
- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- OVEN: Preheat your oven to 375F (190C).AIR-FRYER: Preheat your air-fryer to 350F (180C).
- OVEN: Spread the chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet. It's ok if they are still a bit wet, they will dry out in the oven. Bake 30 minutes, stopping to shake the pan every now and then. *Make sure you do shake the pan once or twice when the chickpeas are baking, this helps them dry out properly and get crispy.AIR-FRYER: Add the chickpeas to the air-fryer. It's ok if they are still a bit wet, they will dry out in the oven. Bake 20 minutes, stopping to shake the pan every now and then. *Make sure you do shake the pan once or twice when the chickpeas are baking, this helps them dry out properly and get crispy.
- Remove the chickpeas and carefully add the hot chickpeas to a bowl along with the olive oil, chili powder, thyme, and salt. Toss well to coat the chickpeas evenly. OVEN: Spread the seasoned chickpeas back onto the baking sheet and return to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes until they are golden and crispy. AIR-FRYER: return the chickpeas to the air-fryer and cook another 8 - 12 minutes untiil they are golden and crispy.Remove from the oven and let cool a bit before enjoying. You can snack on them still warm, or completely cooled.
Make-Ahead: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for about a week. They may start to get a little soft and less crispy, but will still be delicious! Oil-free: sub the oil for aquafaba, vegetable broth, or water, but note that the chickpeas may taste a little dry.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 2 servings) | Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 605mg | Potassium: 477mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 5.2mg