Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower
Spiced corn flake coated florets are baked making these an easy healthy alternative to chicken wings.
Servings: (makes about 18 - 20 florets)
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour (or all-purpose gluten-free flour blend)
- 2 tablespoon(s) ground chia or ground flax
- 3/4 cup(s) warm water
- 4 cup(s) corn flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
For the rest:
- 1 head(s) cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/2 cup(s) franks red hot (or other similar hot sauce)
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegan butter melted
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grab three big bowls. In the first bowl, add the flour. In the second bowl, mix together the chia and water. For the third bowl, add the corn flakes, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Pulse several times until broken down, but there is still some texture. Pour the corn flake mixture into the last bowl.
- Rinse your cauliflower florets so they are wet. Take a handful at a time and drop them in the flour and toss to coat. Next drop them in the chia mixture and toss to coat. Finally, toss them in the corn flake mixture. Spread them out on the parchment paper lined baking sheet so that they aren't touching. Repeat with all of the florets until you have used up all of your ingredients.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and crusty, and the cauliflower is tender all the way through. You can test doneness by piercing a floret with a knife to see if it's tender all the way through
- To make the buffalo sauce, simply mix the melted vegan butter with the hot sauce. You can pour the buffalo sauce directly on the cauliflower, but it will soften the crust. If you want to keep them super crispy, simply serve the buffalo sauce on the side and dip as you go.
Serving: 1(1/4 of the recipe) | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1506mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1024IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 10mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan