Creamy Cilantro Lime Corn on the Cob
This recipe takes only 20 minutes to make, but will wow your family or guests. The sauce is made from cashews so it is creamy and dairy free!
Servings: Cobs of Corn
For the sauce:
For the corn:
- 8 cob(s) corn husked
- 1 handful(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- To make the sauce: Add everything to a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. If you don't have a high-speed blender, soak cashews overnight or boil for 10 minutes until soft. Drain before using, and use ¼ Cup + 1 Tablespoon Water (instead of the full ½ cup of water).
- To grill the corn: place the corn on a hot grill and cook a couple minutes per side, rotating as needed. You want some char marks, and the corn will go from a pale yellow to a richer, darker, yellow. About 10 minutes.
- OR to boil the corn: Fill a pot that is large enough to hold all of your corn cobs with water, leaving room for the corn, and bring to a boil. When the water has reach a rolling boil, carefully put the corn cobs into the water, and boil for about 7 minutes until the corn has gone from a pale yellow, to darker yellow. Remove from water.
- To serve the corn: drizzle the sauce over the corn. Messy drizzles look pretty. Garnish with the cilantro, and sprinkle some chili powder across the top. Serve right away with napkins!
Make ahead: You can make the dressing ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 8.5mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1.2mg