Cranberry and Thyme Vegan Cheese Ball
This is the BEST VEGAN CHEESE ever!! Just 9 ingredients and so easy to make. So smooth, creamy, and flavourful everyone will love it.
Servings: cheese ball
- 1 cup(s) raw cashews
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoon(s) refined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) white miso paste
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- You can either boil or soak the cashews. To boil the cashews:Add the cashews to a small pot, cover with water, and boil for about 10 minutes until the cashews are very tender. To soak the cashews:Add the cashews to a bowl, and cover with water. Let soak for 4 hours or longer until tender.
- Drain the cashews and add to a food processor along with the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, coconut oil, white miso paste, garlic, and salt. Blend until very smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Add the thyme leaves to the food processor and blend to combine.
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap, and scoop the cheese mixture into the bowl. Gather up the sides of the plastic wrap and twist to form a ball. Let the cheese ball firm up in the freezer for about an hour, or for a couple of hours in the fridge.
- Remove the now firm cheese ball from the plastic wrap, and press the cranberries onto the outside of the ball. You can also lightly press the ball to get a rounder shape if desired. You can serve it right away, or keep the cheese ball covered in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve with crackers.
Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, swap out the miso for chickpea miso!
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan