Quick to make and super tasty, corn ribs are the perfect crowd pleaser. You can prep these ahead of time and serve them hot or cold. These are great as a snack, side dish, or appetizer, great for at BBQ's or potlucks.
Servings: (makes 16 corn ribs)
For the Corn Ribs:
- 2 cobs cobs corn peeled and cut into "ribs" (see step 1)
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil (such as olive or vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 handful fresh cilantro roughly chopped (optional for garnish)
For the Chipotle Crema (optional):
- 1/2 cup(s) plain vegan yogurt (such as almond or soy yogurt) (or sub vegan mayonnaise)
- 1/2 - 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce finely chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) agave
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
How to Cut Corn Ribs:
- Lay a cob down on a cutting board and use a large sharp knife to cut off the very top of the cob and the bottom stem so that the ends of the corn cob are flat. Now cut the corn cob in half to make two short cobs.
- Take one of the halves and turn it upright. Carefully cut down the center using a large heavy knife. Be sure to keep your fingers out of the way. I like to tap the back of the knife to cut through the corn cob. Then cut the halves in half again so you make 4 ribs. Repeat with the remaining corn half. Repeat with the remaining corn half. Then repeat with the second corn cob making a total of 16 ribs. (See pictures in the post for reference)
To cook the Corn Ribs:
- Season the corn: Add the corn ribs to a medium bowl and add the oil, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to evenly coat the corn ribs. You can cook them right away or store them covered in the fridge for up to 1 day.
- To make the Chipotle Crema: To a small bowl, add the yogurt, chipotle pepper, lime juice, agave, and salt. Mix well.
- Air fryer method (my fave): Preheat your air fryer to 380F(193C). Add the seasoned corn ribs and air fry for 8 - 10 minutes until the corn is cooked. Garnish with cilantro and serve the corn ribs hot or cold with the chipotle crema on the side.
- Oven method: Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Spread the corn ribs evenly across a baking sheet and bake for 10 - 15 minutes until the corn is cooked. Garnish with cilantro and serve the corn ribs hot or cold with the chipotle crema on the side.
Make-ahead: prep the corn ribs and then season them. Store covered in a bowl in the fridge for up to 1 day. Cook when you are ready to eat. You can also cook the corn ribs and serve them cold. They will keep fresh for about 1 day.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 519mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 687IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan