Cilantro Lime Dressing
A simple cilantro lime dressing that is perfect on burritos or any salad.
- 1/2 cup(s) raw cashews (see step 1)
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1 pinch black pepper
- If you have a high-powdered blender you can skip straight to step 2. If you have a regular blender, you may want to soften the cashews first to ensure they blend smoothly. To do this add the cashews to a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes until the cashews are very tender. Drain and rinse with cold water before using.
- Add the cashews, 1/2 cups water, lime juice, cliantro, mustard, garlic, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Nut-free: to make nut-free, sub the cashews for raw sunflower seeds. Boil the raw sunflower seeds for 15 minutes, drain, rinse, and continue with the recipe.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 6 servings) | Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg