Cilantro Hummus & Peppers Sandwich
The cilantro hummus is fresh, herby and a little tart, which compliments perfectly with the sweetness of the red pepper. You can also just skip the sandwich all together (although that wouldn’t make a very good sandwich recipe), and dip veggies right into this hummus.
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas (2 cups), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup(s) tahini
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 pinch(s) black pepper
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 8 slice(s) bread toasted (Gluten-free if preferred)
- Add the chickpeas, cilantro, tahini, water, lime juice, salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Spread a thick layer of the cilantro hummus on bread, toast, or tortilla and then layer with the sweet red pepper.
The cilantro hummus can be prepared in advance and stored in an air tight container in the fridge.