Chickpea Salad Sandwich
This sandwich is just like a chicken or tuna salad sandwich but instead, chickpeas are used. It's so yummy and satisfying!
- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas (2 cups), drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon(s) capers
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 rib(s) celery chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 8 slice(s) bread (Gluten-free if preferred)
- Lettuce or other veggies for topping
- Add the chickpeas to a food processor along with the vegan mayonnaise, dijon mustard, capers, salt and pepper. Pulse stopping to scrape the sides, until the mixture is mashed but still has texture.
- Add in the celery and red onion and pulse to incorporate.
- Spread the chickpea salad on bread or in a wrap and top with your favourite veggies.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 582mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2mg