Blueberries are one of the healthiest fruits and they are great to buy frozen and make this smoothie with. Protein powder is optional for my athletic friends.
- 2 bananas
- 2 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as oat or soy)
- 2 tablespoon(s) almond butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 handful fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (optional, omit if you prefer or sub it for 1/3 cup vegan vanilla yogurt)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Serve between 2 glasses.
Soy-free: to make soy-free use a plant-based milk such as oat or almond. If using a protein powder, ensure it is a soy-free protein powder. Nut-free: to make nut-free use a nut-free butter such as sunflower seed butter or Wowbutter.
Serving: 1smoothie with protein powder (recipe makes 2 smoothies) | Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 960mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 2489IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 373mg | Iron: 5mg