BBQ Black Bean Sandwich
What the smoky tastes of a BBQ in a hot sandwich? Toss this sandwich together in no time for the perfect hearty meal.
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 19oz can(s) black beans (2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan BBQ sauce plus more for drizzling
- 4 slice(s) bread (gluten-free if preferred)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. When hot add in the onions and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions turn translucent and begin to brown. Add the black beans, BBQ sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat through.
- Pile the beans on bread, toast, or a tortilla, garnish with cilantro, then drizzle a little extra BBQ sauce on top.
BBQ Black beans can be prepared ahead of time. If bringing to work, I like to bring them in a separate container, so I can heat them up before piling them on the bread, If that seems too fussy, this sandwich is still great cold too!