Baked Vegan Zucchini Fritters
I love this whole food plant based recipe. You can serve it for brunch, lunch, dinner, or even as a snack!
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Line a large strainer with a clean dishcloth and fill with the grated zucchini. Sprinkle the salt over the zucchini then lightly toss the zucchini to coat. Let rest for 10 minutes. Gather all ends of the dishcloth so that the zucchini is trapped inside, now squeeze the zucchini, squishing out the water. Squeezed out as much water as possible.
- In a small bowl mix together the flax and warm water. Set that aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the squeezed zucchini, onion, flour, nutritional yeast, flax mixture, and garlic. Mix well. Scoop up enough for one fritter in your hands, and form a patty. The dough will be quite sticky. Spread them out on your baking sheet. If they are a little messy you can tidy them up by wetting your hands and patting them into shape.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping them once midway through. They are ready when both sides are nicely browned and they are cooked through. Serve hot or cold with a dollop of vegan sour cream, or your favourite dipping sauce.
* These fritters are pretty moist on the inside, so if that’s not your thing, you might not like this recipe. If you still want to try it but would like them drier, you could try making mini versions to help them get drier through out. I also found that if you leave them out overnight they dry out a bit more too.
Serving: 1fritter | Calories: 52kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 388mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg