Baked Almond Cheese
A vegan, dairy-free cheese that takes just 35 minutes to make. Soft, creamy, tangy appetizer that's somewhere between feta and chèvre.
Servings: 1 Cheese log (about 6 servings)
For the Baked Almond Snacking Cheese:
- 1 cup(s) blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Fresh herbs such as oregano, basil, or thyme
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease a small oven-safe bowl or you could just use a silicon mold.
- Add the almonds to a food processor (I used the smaller bowl fitting in my food processor). Blend until the almonds are finely ground but don't over blend or it will start turning to almond butter! Now add the remaining ingredients to the ground almonds and blend to combine, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed, until it's as smooth as possible.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared mold, use a spatula to compress firmly, and smooth the top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a serving plate. Garnish as desired then serve warm with crackers or bread.
You can replace the whole blanched almonds for just under 1 cup of ground almonds or almond flour. Soy-Free: To keep this recipe soy-free, swap out the miso for chickpea miso!