5 Minute Vegan Creamed Corn
This 5-minute, 8 ingredient vegan creamed corn is the perfect side dish for your feast.
Servings: 8 (makes about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegan butter
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour (sub-gluten-free all-purpose flour if preferred)
- 1 3/4 cup(s) full-fat coconut milk (see notes)
- 2 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast (optional for cheesy taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3 cup(s) corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- In a medium skillet or pot melt the vegan butter over medium heat. When melted add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then whisk in the flour to make a paste and cook for another 30 seconds, whisking continually. Add the coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. Stir in the corn kernels and continue to cook for 2 - 4 minutes, until you reach desired consistency. If you prefer a thicker creamed corn cook a little longer, and if you prefer a thinner creamed corn then remove from the heat earlier. You can also add an extra splash of coconut milk or water to thin if needed. Serve hot.
I prefer using full-fat coconut milk for an extra rich vegan creamed corn. If you prefer to use a different kind of plant-based milk, try to use one that is higher in fat to keep the dish rich and creamy. If you wish to make it ahead of time, store the prepared dish covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a pot over low heat, stirring in a splash of water or plant-based milk if needed to loosen it.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 8) | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 278mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 2mg