5 Minute Chimichurri Sauce
Use this sauce everywhere you want to take your dish up a notch. On a burrito or in a burrito bowl, on tacos, on a vegan seitan steak, on roasted veg, on a tofu scramble, anywhere and everywhere you like!
Servings: (makes about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup(s) fresh cilantro (1 large handful)
- 1 cup(s) fresh parsley (1 large handful)
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion (about 1/4 of an onion), chopped*
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil (substitute aquafaba for oil-free)
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced*
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice (1 lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a small blender, food processor, or use an immersion blender. Blend everything together, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. I prefer a sauce with lots of visible texture, but if you prefer a smoother sauce, feel free to blend to the desired consistency.
*If you don't want to chop the onion and garlic by hand, just add them to the blender first and pulse a few times until chopped. Then add all of the remaining ingredients. **135 calories per serving for the olive oil version. 19 calories per serving for the aquafaba version. There are 4 servings in this recipe.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 127mg | Vitamin A: 1570IU | Vitamin C: 24.8mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1.1mg