Teriyaki Black Bean Wraps
Super quick to make, perfect for a weeknight. Sweet, sour, and tangy flavour, hearty black beans, on a fire toasted tortilla topped with crispy red pepper, sweet pineapple, spicy red onion, and fresh cilantro.
Servings: 8 tacos
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 19oz can(s) black beans (2 cups) drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (make sure it is the thicker sauce and not a thin marinade)
- 8 taco sized flour or corn tortillas
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 14oz can pineapple tidbits (or 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped)
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 handful cilantro roughly chopped
- Cook the rice: prepare your rice according to package directions.
- Heat the beans: add the black beans and teriyaki sauce to a medium pan, and put over medium-low heat. Cook for about 5 minutes until the beans are heated through.
- Warm the tortillas (optional): on a gas stove, use tongs to hold a tortilla over a flame for about 20 seconds per side to warm them. If you do not have a gas stove, warm the tortillas, by preheating the oven to 350F (180C), wrapping the tortillas in foil, and baking for 10 to 15 minutes until warmed throughout.
- Assemble the tacos: take a tortilla and add a scoop of the cooked rice, a scoop of the teriyaki black beans, and then top with red pepper, pineapple bits, red onion, and cilantro. Enjoy!