Thai Pumpkin Peanut Soup
This soup takes just 10 minutes to make. It is so creamy and satisfying. Perfect recipe for chilly days.
- 2 tablespoon(s) Thai red curry paste
- 1 L vegetable broth (4 cups)
- 1 796ml can(s) pumpkin purée (3 1/2 Cups)
- 1/4 cup(s) natural peanut butter
- 1 cup(s) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoon(s) agave or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sriracha (optional)
- Optional toppings for Thai pumpkin peanut soup: Lime wedges, chopped cilantro, coconut milk, Sriracha or other hot sauce
- Heat a big pot over medium-high heat. Add the Thai red curry paste, and stir or whisk as it’s heating up. After about 1 minute it will to stick to the pan and become fragrant.
- Then add all of the remaining ingredients: vegetable broth, pumpkin, peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, agave, and sriracha. Whisk well to combine. Cook until it's completely heated through.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime, some cilantro, sriracha, a drizzel of coconut milk, or enjoy just as it is.
Soy-Free: for soy-free, substitute a soy sauce for a soy-free option such as coconut aminos.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 878mg | Potassium: 128mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 875IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1.3mg