Rice and Tomato Balsamic Salad
You can enjoy this hearty salad hot or cold! (I like it both ways). Either toss the veg with the hot cooked rice, or allow the rice to cool completely before assembling the salad.
- 1 cup(s) brown rice uncooked (or sub your favourite grain)
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup(s) grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup(s) roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted almonds roughly chopped (sub pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds for nut-free)
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes (optional for spice)
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- To a large bowl, add the cooked rice, add the arugula, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, almonds, vinegar, oil, salt and chili flakes. Toss well. Add extra balsamic, olive oil, salt, and chili flakes to taste if desired. Enjoy fresh or store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 660mg | Potassium: 375mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 840IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan