Warm Broccoli Kale Salad
The perfect way to squeeze a big serving of healthy greens into your day. See notes for oil-free.
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 head broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger minced or grated
- 1 small bunch kale chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro roughly chopped (or sub parsley)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted almonds roughly chopped (omit for nut-free)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium-high heat and sauté the broccoli with the garlic and ginger for 5-7 minutes. Add the kale and continue cooking until the kale is just wilted.
- Squeeze over the lime juice and add the cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with roasted almonds.
Oil-free: to make oil-free, simply omit the oil and instead do a water or broth sauté.
Serving: 1 serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4270IU | Vitamin C: 171mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 2mg