Veggie-Packed Tofu Fried Rice
A delicious and nutritious dish made by stir-frying diced tofu with an assortment of colorful vegetables all tossed together with cooked rice and a flavorful sauce.
- 1 cup(s) uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) Thai red curry paste (or to taste)
- 1 12oz block(s) extra-firm tofu drained and cut into small cubes
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 cup(s) sugar snap peas chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) roasted cashews (sub sesame seeds for nut free)
- 4 tablespoon(s) green onions chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Cook the rice according to the package directions of follow my stovetop method. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté until the onions turn translucent and begin to brown about 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook until fragrant, 30 - 60 seconds.
- Now the tofu, carrots, red bell pepper, zucchini and sugar snap peas, and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Now add the cooked rice, soy sauce and brown sugar and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the fried rice in bowls, topped with the roasted cashews, green onions and lime wedges.
Oil-free: for oil-free omit the oil and instead do a water or broth sauté. You can optionally add some sesame seeds for garnish if you want the sesame seeds.
Serving: 1 serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 851mg | Potassium: 708mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 7051IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 4mg