Tahini Chickpea Veggie Bake
I love this recipe for a simple weeknight meal. Just dump the veggies in a pan, bake, and then toss with the super simple tahini sauce! Easy peasy perfection!
- 1 19oz can(s) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 - 4 tablespoon(s) plant-based milk (such as oat or soy)
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 1 handful(s) fresh cilantro or parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Place the chickpeas, zucchini, onion, and bell pepper on a large baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix well to evenly coat. Bake for 35 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- In a small bowl, mix the tahini, lemon juice, and plant-based milk. Set aside.
- Once vegetables are cooked, mix them with the tahini sauce and garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve over rice or other cooked grain, or with a fresh loaf of crusty bread, if desired.
Oil-free: to make oil-free, swap the olive oil for vegetable broth or aquafaba.
Serving: 1serving without rice (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 689mg | Potassium: 696mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1292IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 3mg