Vegan Chocolate Peanut Bars
Just 5 ingredients, and super easy to make, these Vegan Chocolate Peanut Bars are a delicious candy treat! The perfect combination of flavors: not-too-sweet, super chocolatey, fudgy, chewy, crunchy, and peanuty! These bars are a dupe for the classic Canadian chocolate bar "Eat-More".
- 1 cup(s) golden corn syrup
- 3/4 cup(s) natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) roasted salted peanuts
- Line a 9" x 9" baking pan with parchment paper, or use a silicon baking pan.
- Mix the corn syrup and peanut butter in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Once the mixture begins to bubble, gently simmer for 5 minutes. Keep stirring often and adjust the heat as needed to ensure it doesn't burn. The mixture might get a bit foamy.
- After 5 minutes, remove the pot from the heat. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract and stir well to melt the chocolate into the mixture.
- Lastly, stir in the peanuts and mix well. Pour into the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly. Allow to cool in the fridge for about 3 hours or until it is chilled and set.
- Cut into 16 bars (or whatever bar size you prefer). Store them in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or you can freeze them.
Corn syrup substitute: if you do not have golden or dark corn syrup, light corn syrup will also work, it just has less caramel flavor. If you prefer to substitute corn syrup, a good substitute is golden syrup. The bars need to set like candy so other sweeteners (such as agave, or maple syrups) might not work well. Peanut-free alternative: sub peanut butter for almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter. Sub the peanuts for roasted and salted chopped almonds, roasted and salted cashews, or roasted and salted sunflower seeds.
Serving: 1 bar (recipe makes 16 bars) | Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan