Tomato Tortellini Soup
If you're lucky enough that your grocery store carries vegan tortellini, this is a great simple soup to enjoy them in. If you cannot find a plant-based tortellini, you can sub them for equal amounts vegan gnocchi.
- 10.5 oz vegan tortellini pasta (or sub vegan gnocchi)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 28oz can(s) crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the tortellini pasta according to instructions on packaging.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pot and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion turns translucent and begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, water, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper, and bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes. Blitz the soup with a hand blender until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning, adding a little more salt and pepper if required. Now stir through the cooked tortellini pasta, and top with some freshly chopped basil to serve.
Serving: 1 serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.05g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 329mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 169IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 2mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan