Thai-Inspired Curry Sweet Potato & Carrot Soup
Sweet potatoes, carrots, and aromatic Thai spices, simmered to perfection with creamy coconut milk. This soup is expertly blended to a velvety consistency, making it a rich and comforting. Pairs wonderfully with vegan naan bread, if desired.
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) Thai red curry paste
- 1 sweet potato peeled & chopped
- 1 lbs carrots peeled & sliced
- 3 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 14oz can(s) full-fat coconut milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoon(s) cilantro
- 3 teaspoon(s) sriracha
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes until soft. Now add the Thai curry paste and continue to sauté for a further minute.
- Add the sweet potato, carrots and vegetable broth to the pot. Place a lid on top, and turn the heat up to medium-high. Allow the soup to come to a simmer, then turn the heat down to low and allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Use an immersion blender to blitz the soup until completely smooth, then add the coconut milk and stir to combine. If you wish, you can reserve a tablespoon or two of the coconut milk to garnish the finished soup.
- Taste the soup and if needed add a little more salt or pepper. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a drizzle of sriracha. Serve with a side of vegan naan if desired.
Oil-free: for oil-free, omit the oil and do a water or broth sauté.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 6 servings) | Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 605mg | Potassium: 545mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 19820IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 3mg