Sweet and Sour Tofu and Veggies
This tofu is served with a ton of veggies, pineapple, and a sticky sweet and sour sauce. It tastes like take out but way better. Plus it's way healthier for you!
For the stir fry:
- 3 tablespoon(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 12oz block(s) extra-firm tofu drained and cut into cubes
- 5 clove(s) garlic minced minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger minced or grated
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 8 button mushrooms quartered
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 1 head(s) broccoli cut into florets
- 1⁄3 cup(s) pineapple tidbits
- 3 head(s) baby bok choy shredded
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 1/2 cup(s) cooked rice or quinoa
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
For the Tofu:
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat and gently fry the cubes of tofu until lightly golden on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the tofu from the pot and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook the garlic and ginger until fragrant. Now add the onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and broccoli, and toss to combine. Sauté gently until all the vegetables are cooked and tender, 5 - 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add the tofu back into the pan with the vegetables. Then add the sauce and mix well until coated. Continue to cook for a few minutes and then add the pineapple and bok choy.
- Mix gently over medium-low heat until the sauce starts to thicken. Turn off the heat and add the green onions. Toss together and serve hot, with rice or quinoa.
Oil-free: to make oil-free simply omit the oil and instead do a water or broth sauté.
Serving: 1 serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 1058mg | Potassium: 1089mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 2974IU | Vitamin C: 226mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 4mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan