Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
This pesto is the best-o! Use it on pasta, roasted vegetables, or spread it on avocado toast.
- 3 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil
- 1 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes the kind in oil, drained (see notes for oil-free)
- 1/2 cup(s) nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts (or sub walnuts)
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) water
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor, except for the olive oil and water. Process until well combined. Process again and add the olive oil. Next add the water, starting with just 2 tablespoons then adding a little more until the desired consistency is reached.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times and process again until smooth. Transfer the pesto to a sealable jar, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or you can freeze it.
Oil-free: to make this recipe oil-free, use air-packed sun-dried tomatoes. Before using, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes to soften, and then drain well. Omit the olive oil and instead add water or aquafaba as needed to reach the desired consistency.
Serving: 1 serving (recipe makes 8 servings) | Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 595mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 677IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg