Strawberry & Spinach Salad
A fresh and fruity salad! Serve as a light meal with some crusty bread, or as a side dish paired with a vegan protein such as tofu, beans, or seitan.
For the salad:
- ¼ cup(s) pecans (or sub walnuts or pepitas if preferred)
- 6 cup(s) baby spinach
- 1 ½ cup(s) fresh strawberries halved
For the vineagrette:
- ¼ cup(s) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoon(s) poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¾ cup(s) olive oil
- Place the pecans into a dry skillet and toast the nuts over medium-low heat, stirring until they start to brown, this will take around 5 minutes. Transfer the pecans onto a plate to cool a little before chopping, then set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, place the rice vinegar, brown sugar, poppy seeds, dijon mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper into a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add the olive oil and whisk again until well blended.
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries and toasted pecans. Add half of the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Add more vinaigrette if required and serve immediately.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 32g | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4230IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan