Spinach Basil Pesto
I LOVE pesto! It's so easy to make and can be tossed with pasta, used as a sandwich spread, served as a dip, drizzled on a tofu scramble, and in so many more ways. I love adding spinach to pesto to help bulk it up a bit. If you like, try subbing the spinach for arugula for a peppery flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup(s) pine nuts (or sub walnuts)
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil (sub aquafaba for oil-free)
- 1 cup(s) fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 lemon juiced
- 1⁄2 cup(s) fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth. Serve as desired. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze it.
Serving: 1 serving (recipe makes 8 servings) | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg