Slow Cooker Red Cabbage
A simple side dish perfect for the chillier months. This is made in a slow cooker, but if you do not have a slow cooker you can still make this recipe, just follow the directions in step 3.
- 1 medium red cabbage cored and shredded
- 2 apples peeled & chopped
- 2 onions sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon(s) allspice
- ½ teaspoon(s) salt
- ¼ teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Serve hot.
- If you do not have a slow cooker, you can make this in a pot on the stove. Add all the ingredients to a large pot. Cover with a lid and bring to a simmer. Cook 30 - 45 minutes until the cabbage is tender.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 8 servings) | Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1197IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan