Simple Gluten-Free Oat Cookies
These cookies are perfect for dunking in tea or enjoying alone as a little sweet treat. See the recipe notes on how to make your own oat flour and almond meal from scratch!
- 2 cup(s) rolled oats (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 cup(s) oat flour (gluten-free if preferred)
- 10 tablespoons(s) almond meal
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon(s) coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 360F (180C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt. Add in maple syrup and coconut oil, mix well until combined.
- Using slightly wet hands, create 12 balls out of the mixture and place them on the baking tray and push them down to create cookies shapes. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and allow to cool before eating.
Oat flour: you can purchase oat flour, or to make your own oat flour, just add rolled oats to a food processor and blend until a flour texture is reached. Almond meal: you can purchase almond meal, or to make your own almond meal, just add whole raw almonds to a food processor and blend until a flour texture is reached.
Serving: 1cookie (recipe makes 12 cookies) | Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg