Rolled Zucchini Bake
This beautifull light dish is perfect paired with roasted potatoes, on pasta, or served with your favorite grain.
- 4 medium zucchinis sliced lengthwise into long thin strips
- 2 cup(s) prepared tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) vegan mozzarella (homemade or store-bought)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 12oz block(s) extra-firm tofu drained
- 6 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- ¼ cup(s) fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Line a baking tray with paper towels. Sprinkle each zucchini slice with a little salt and place them onto paper towels. Set aside to allow the salt to extract any excess water from the zucchinis.
- Break the tofu into chunks and add them to your food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the sundried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic cloves into a food processor. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and pulse to mix in the other ingredients.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a cast iron or oven-proof pan and set aside. Pat off excess water from the zucchini slices. Spread out 2-3 tablespoons of the tofu filling along each of the zucchini slices. Roll up the zucchini with the filling and place them into the pan, swirl side up. Repeat this process until all the zucchini slices are filled and standing in the pan.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and dollop or sprinkle the vegan mozzarella on top. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes until the cheese is gooey and the tomato sauce is bubbling.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 798mg | Potassium: 1437mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1282IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 4mg