Roasted Red Pepper Dip (Muhammara)
This gorgeous dip is wonderful served with pita, naan, or another type of fluffy bread. I also enjoy it served with veggie sticks, or spread onto a sandwich.
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) walnuts
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs (gluten-free if preferred)
- 7 oz roasted red bell pepper drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- For serving with roasted red pepper dip: pita, naan, bread, or veggie sticks
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small skillet over a medium heat and roast the walnuts until they are lightly toasted, around 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In the same skillet, toast the breadcrumbs over medium heat until golden, about 1-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- To a food processor add the walnuts, breadcrumbs, roasted red bell pepper, lemon juice, cumin, cayenne, and salt and blitz until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl, and garnish with parsley.
Serving: 1 serving without bread (recipe makes 8 servings) | Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 463mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 203IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg