Roasted Curry Cashews
I love this salty, crunchy, flavorful snack! Perfect to have on hand or take on the go! If you prefer, feel free to sub cashews for another nut or nut mix such as walnuts, pecans, or almonds.
- 2 cup(s) raw cashews (or sub another nut or nut mix such as walnuts, pecans, or almond)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt plus more for sprinkling
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cashews onto the prepared sheet. Toss with the olive oil and 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt, and spread in an even layer. Place into the hot oven and bake the cashews for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through, until cashews are lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, curry powder, brown sugar, turmeric, paprika, and black pepper.
- Remove the tray from the oven and pour the spice mixture over the cashews, tossing well to coat the nuts in the seasoning. Return the tray to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes, tossing halfway through, until the cashews are toasted and the curry mixture darkens slightly. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and the lime zest. Set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes, then serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving: 1 serving (recipe makes 8 servings) | Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2mg