Roasted Asparagus and Lemon Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is light and fresh which is perfect for those days that you don't feel like anything too heavy.
- 16 oz penne or other short pasta (gluten-free if preferred)
- 9 oz asparagus cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) sundried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil from sundried tomatoes
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan parmesan (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Place the asparagus on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Place the asparagus into the hot oven to roast for 7-10 minutes.
- Place the pasta and asparagus into a large bowl along with the sundried tomatoes, the oil from the sundried tomatoes, green onions, vegan parmesan, parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss everything together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sever right away or Store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 6 servings) | Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 852IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 3mg