Roasted Asparagus and Lemon Pasta
This pasta is light and fresh which is perfect for those days when you don't feel like anything too heavy. You can enjoy this pasta hot, or it also is wonderful as a pasta salad.
- 16 oz penne or other short pasta (gluten-free if preferred)
- 9 oz asparagus cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil from sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) sundried tomatoes drained and chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 green onions sliced, light and dark green parts seperated
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan parmesan (homemade or store-bought) (or other vegan cheese)
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Place the asparagus, sundried tomatoes, and the whtie and light green parts of the green onions on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the sundried tomato oil, and season with salt and pepper (I like a lot of pepper). Place into the hot oven to roast for 7-15 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
- Return the cooked pasta to the pot or place in a large bowl. Add the asparagus and sundried tomatoes, along with the dark parts of the green onions, vegan parmesan, parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss everything together and season to taste with more salt and pepper if needed. Sever right away or Store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 6 servings) | Calories: 581kcal | Carbohydrates: 100g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 956mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1277IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 5mg