Red Sweet Potato Curry
This warming curry is easy to make and bursting with flavour! I love this sweet curry as is, but if you wish to make it even heartier, check the recipe notes for tips on adding chickpeas to the curry as well.
- 1 tablespoon(s) light oil (such as vegetable or canola)
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup(s) Thai red curry paste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 14 oz can(s) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup(s) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup(s) natural peanut butter
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup(s) roasted salted peanuts chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large skillet or pot heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion turns translucent and begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the Thai red curry paste and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth. Cover and bring to a simmer, and cook until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk and peanut butter. Pour into the pan and stir well to combine.
- Remove from the heat, stir in lime juice, and then serve with the cooked rice or grain of choice. Garnish with the chopped peanuts and cilantro.
Oil-free: to make this recipe oil-free, omit the oil and instead do a water or broth satué. Nut-free: to make nut-free, omit the peanuts completely or sub for roasted pepitas. Make-ahead: Store cooled curry in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Make it heartier: if you wish to make this dish even heartier you can add chickpeas. Drain and rinse a 19oz can if chickpeas and add them along with the sweet potatoes.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 538mg | Potassium: 828mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 16431IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 3mg