This simple hearty salad is fresh and full of veggies! Great for making ahead of time as the flavours will get even better as the salad rests.
- 1 cup(s) quinoa
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber finely chopped
- 1 bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow), finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 2/3 cup(s) parsley roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup(s) mint roughly chopped
- 2 limes juiced (sub lemon if preferred)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Cook the quinoa according to instructions on the packaging. Once cooked, place in a large salad bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, parsley, and mint. Squeeze in the lime juice, drizzle with olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix everything well until combined.
- Serves as a salad or side dish. Store covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 722mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2682IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 4mg