Quinoa, Orange & Cranberry Salad
A fresh salad perfect for a simple lunch served with some crusty bread, or as a side salad for any meal.
For the salad:
- 1 cup(s) quinoa uncooked
- 3 cup(s) arugula
- 1 14oz can(s) chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 2 oranges peeled, sliced
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) sliced or slivered almonds (or sub sunflower seeds if preferred)
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 oranges juiced
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil (or sub aquafaba if preferred)
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, arugula, chickpeas, oranges, onion, cranberries, mint, and parsley. Drizzle with the dressing and mix well to combine, then sprinkle the almonds over top and serve.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Sodium: 287mg | Potassium: 749mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 1034IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 4mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan