Sun-dried Tomato Potato Salad
Sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and capers give this potato salad a delicious zing! Perfect for an easy lunch or dinner, and gets even better if made ahead of time.
- 1 lb(s) baby potatoes
- ½ cup(s) green olives halved
- ½ cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes (the jarred kind in oil) chopped (reserve oil)
- 1 handful(s) chives chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) capers drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) oil from sundried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- Add the potatoes in a medium pot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until fork tender. Once cooked, drain the potatoes and rinse them in cold water. Once cool enough to handle, slice them in half.
- Add the halved potatoes to a large bowl along with the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, chives, capers, oil, mustard, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix gently, and serve.
Make-ahead: Allow the salad to cool completely, then store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Oil-free: to make oil-free, sub the sun-dried tomatoes in oil, for the air-packed sun-dried tomatoes. Rehydrate the sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes to soften before using. Replace the oil with 1 tablespoon of leftover water from rehydrating the sun-dried tomatoes, or vegetable broth, or white wine.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 563mg | Potassium: 768mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 306IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg