A simple hummus recipe but with a pesto twist! Pine nuts are traditional in pesto so they are a nice addition here, but if you prefer you can sub walnuts, or simply omit them entirely.
- 1 cup(s) cooked chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ cup(s) fresh basil packed
- ⅓ cup(s) tahini
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts (or sub walnuts or omit if needed)
- 1/4 cup(s) cold water plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil (or sub aquafaba)
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients into the food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy. Add more water if necessary to reach the desired consistency.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 191IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 3mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan