Peas, Edamame, and Carrot Soba Noodles
A simple fresh recipe packed with veggies!
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) agave
- 1 tablespoon(s) white miso paste
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Sriracha
For the noodles:
- 6 oz soba noodles
- 2 cup(s) shelled frozen edamame
- 3 cup(s) sugar snap peas
- 4 medium carrots peeled and sliced into ribbons with vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- To make the sauce, place all the sauce ingredients into a small bowl, whisk until well combined, then set aside.
- Bring two big pots of water to a boil. In one pot, cook the soba noodles just until al dente, according to instructions on packaging.
- In the second pot, cook the frozen edamame until warmed through, about 4- 6 minutes. Before draining, toss the sugar snap peas into the boiling water and cook for an additional 20 seconds, then drain.
- Combine the soba noodles, edamame, sugar snap peas and carrots in a large serving bowl. Pour over the sauce and toss to combine. To serve, sprinkle over the chopped cilantro and sesame seeds.
For oil-free: simply omit the oil and sub with a splash of water or vegetable broth if needed. For soy-free: sub the soy sauce for coconut aminos.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1384mg | Potassium: 879mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 11139IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 6mg