Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispies Squares
Just 5 easy ingredients to make this tasty treat!
For the Rice Krispies Squares
- 3/4 cup(s) peanut butter (sub other nut or seed butter if preferred)
- 1/4 cup(s) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cup(s) crispy rice cereal
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1/3 cup(s) vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon(s) coconut oil
- Line an 8x8 inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium pot. Cook for 1-2 minutes on medium-low heat mixing until well combined. Remove from the heat, add the crispy rice cereal and stir gently to coat the puffed rice in the mixture.
- Use a spatula to scoop the rice krispie mixture into the prepared pan and gently press it into the baking tray. Refrigerator to chill.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave in 20-second increments, stopping to stir, and being careful to not burn the chocolate. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the rice krispie bars and place the tray into the freezer for about one hour to set.
- Remove the tray from the freezer, allow it to stand for 5-10 minutes and slice into bars. Store the bars in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serving: 1square (recipe makes 9 servings) | Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 517IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 3mg