Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
Assemble these jars at least 3 hours ahead of time, or overnight is best. Pop them in the fridge and your overnight oats are ready to go! If peanut butter isn't your thing, feel free to sub it for your favourite nut or seed butter. I like to top my oats with a few chocolate chips for some added fun!
Servings: 2 jars of overnight oats
- 1 cup(s) rolled oats (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 cup(s) plant-based milk (such as oat or soy)
- 2 tablespoon(s) agave or maple syrup (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoon(s) natural peanut butter (sub other nut or seed butter if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon(s) whole chia seeds (optional)
- 1 bananas sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Divide all the ingredients among two jars or sealable containers. Stir each to combine. I like to leave swirls of peanut butter. Store in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours, although overnight is best.
- When ready to eat, top with extra plant-based milk, the sliced bananas, chocolate chips if using, an extra drizzle of peanut butter if desired, and enjoy cold. I generally prefer my overnight cold, but you could also heat it up by popping it in the microwave and heating it for 30-second increments, and stirring until the desired temperature is reached.
Gluten-free: to make gluten-free ensure that you are using gluten-free oats. Nut-free: to make nut-free, sub the peanut butter for sunflower seed butter, pumpkin seed butter, or wow butter. Make-ahead: make these overnight oats 1 - 5 days in advance and store them in the fridge until ready to enjoy. Soy-Free: Choose oat or almond milk as your plant-based milk rather than soy milk. Chia seeds: chia seeds are optional, they will make the oats a bit thicker and add extra nutrition. If you do not wish them, simply omit them!
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 2 servings) | Calories: 626kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 757mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 505IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 263mg | Iron: 5mg