Orzo Italian Pasta Salad
I love this simple Italian pasta salad, it makes for a lovely lunch or a side dish for a bigger meal. Check the recipe notes to make the pasta salad oil-free.
For the salad:
- 1 cup(s) dried orzo pasta (gluten-free if preferred)
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 14oz can(s) artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes in oil chopped (reserve oil)
- ½ red pepper chopped
- ½ small red onion chopped
- ¼ cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup(s) oil from sundried tomatoes (if you don't have enough top with olive oil to make a 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) red or white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to a boil. Add in the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain and pour into a large bowl. Mix the spinach into the hot pasta until it wilts slightly. Add in the artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Add to the salad to taste and toss well.
Oil-free: to make oil-free use the sun-dried tomatoes that are packed in air. You will need to rehydrate them by soaking them in hot water for about 10 minutes. Reserve the water and use it in place of the oil when making the dressing.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 366mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2288IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan