Mushroom Artichoke Cheese Toast
Savory and easy to make, I love this for breakfast or a light lunch.
- 2 slice(s) bread (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1/4 cup(s) vegan cheese (homemade or store-bought) sliced or grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegan butter
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 cup(s) button mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) pine nuts toasted
- Heat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place the slices of bread onto a baking tray, top with the vegan cheese, and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegan butter in a pot over a medium-high heat and cook the garlic for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the mushrooms to the pot and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes. 1-2 minutes towards the end of the cook, add the artichokes and cook until heated through.
- Check the toast and once the cheese has softened or melted, take the tray out of the oven and divide the toast between 2 plates. Top each slice of toast with the mushroom mixture and sprinkle over some toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 271IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg