Mexican-Spiced Sweet Potatoes with Tahini Sauce
Seasoned roasted sweet potatoes with a creamy tahini sauce. Makes a great side dish. Pair it with a vegan protein such as a tofu dish, or serve it on top of a salad. Yum!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled & chopped into cubes
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon(s) chili powder
- ½ teaspoon(s) cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoon(s) tahini
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) water plus more if needed
- 2 teaspoon(s) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 415°F (210°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chopped sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and toss until the potatoes are well coated in the seasoning. Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes have softened and are browned.
- In the meantime, add all of the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy. Add more water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve the sweet potatoes warm with the tahini sauce.
Serving: 1serving (recipe makes 4 servings) | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 486mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 16236IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2mg