Maple Hoisin Tofu
Sweet and spicy! That's the way I like it. This tofu is great on top of rice. You can also serve it with some greens or other veg if desired.
- 3 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon(s) hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoon(s) Sriracha
- 1 12oz block(s extra-firm or firm tofu cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 - 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 - 2 tablespoon(s) light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 2 green onions chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, hoisin, soy sauce, garlic, and Sriracha. Set aside.
- Lay the tofu slices on a plate or cutting board and sprinkle both sides with a bit of cornstarch.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens. Serve the tofu hot, garnished with chopped green onions.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 490mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 64IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg
Did You Make This Recipe?Tag @easyveganmealplan on Instagram and Hashtag #easyveganmealplan